The vessel equipped with RT-flex Main Engine and Nabtesco control system.
- After completion of discharging and before departure from berth, during ME preparation, the crew discovered that it is not possible to turn the Main Engine on air and on fuel due to 'M/E control system abnormal' alarm.
- The same problem observed in the bridge control and ECR control.
- Departure was postponed for two hours and vessel stayed at berth.
- Upon investigation, the ER crew found that M/E control pressure switch gives an abnormal electric signal which caused activation of 'M/E control system' alarm.
- After disconnection of the electric plug from above switch, alarm disappeared.
- M/E was tried from ECR / Bridge successfully.
- Vessel safely departed and continued the voyage with backup control air system for next port and repair will be carried out at berth next port.
- Follow Maker procedure for renewal for the pressure switches.
- Keep spare pressure switches and other major control equipment fittings available onboard.
10 May '18, 18:31