Which periodic checks and tests of Critical, Safety and Marpol equipment conducted on board and how often?
30 Apr '18, 07:25
Below is generic list of period mandatory checks and tests. It may be different from vessel to vessel as depends on actual equipment installed.
- Engine room Bilge High Level Alarms activation
- Fuel oil leak alarm activation (Main Engine & Aux Engine)
- Oily water Separator 15ppm Alarm activation and 3 way valve operational test
- Refer Chamber (provision store) Lock-in alarm activation
- Crank Case Mist detector alarm test
- Fire Detector Tests (each detectors to be tested at least once within 3 months)
- Fire pump & Emergency Fire pump test run (including testing of priming pump)
- Foam pump inspection.
- Emergency Generator Test Run
- Lifeboat /Rescue boat Engines Test Run
- Fire Flaps / Funnel Damper Operational test
- Emergency air compressor test run
- Emergency Lighting function test
- Earth fault test of Main and Emergency Switchboards (440VAC & 110/220V AC)
- Engineer call Alarm / Deadman's Alarm (on UMS Class vessels)
- Steering Gear inspection.
- Dempers of all fans to be checked and tried out.
- Water mist (Hyper mist) ER panels inspection.
- CO2 Remote system panel inspection.
- DCP remote system panel inspection
- Fire alarm panel inspection
- Water spray pump panel inspection.
- Main & Emergency fire pump panel inspection.
- Incinerator alarms activation (High temperature / flame Failure)
- Main Boiler / Aux boiler / Economiser Alarms
- Nitrogen Generator/Inert Gas Plant Test run, System Alarm test, Non return Valve/Deck seal Inspection
- Steering gear alarms activation (Oil Level , Rudder angle limits, Overload, Phase failure, Power loss)
- Emergency Bilge Suction Valve inspection
- Hypermist System Test run
- Cargo tank Water spray system test run (including testing of remote valves)
- Inspection of Loose Gear, slings & Chain blocks, Eye pads
- Inspection of Door Closures & Door packing for Class 'A' doors leading to Machinery space
- Emergency Steering
- Quick Closing valves for Machinery space (including Emergency generator) activation
- Main Engine emergency manoeuvring test (testing from local control station)
- Emergency Generator On-load test / Black out test (Test Parameters to be recorded)
- CO2 line blow through test
- Megger Test of Electrical Motors (to check each electrical motor at least once within Six months)
- Calibration of pressure gauges and thermometers.
- Bunker lines pressure test
30 Apr '18, 07:54