What are common causes of piston rings breakage?
09 Jun '17, 01:36
Possible reasons of breakage:
- Carbon deposits in the ring groove. Piston overhaul too delayed.
- Insufficient vertical ring clearance. Piston ring of wrong size installed.
- Partial sticking. Check cylinder oil supply.
- Poor sealing between the ring and the ring groove floor. Ring groove deformation.
- Clover-leafing because of sulphuric acid corrosion at the lower part of the liner.
- Ring-end chamfers.
- Continual striking against wear ridges or other irregularities
09 Jun '17, 01:52