Which properties of polymers are important to know onboard?
20 Sep '18, 16:30
The following properties are typical of "solid" plastics:
- Low specific gravities
- Good thermal and electrical resistance
- Good surface finish directly from the forming dies
- Availability in a wide color range or transparent if required
- Low strengths compared to metals
- Unsuitable for service conditions where temperatures in excess of several hundred degrees centigrade exist
- Poor to fair dimensional stability, particularly in moist conditions.
20 Sep '18, 16:35