What is the most serious - dismissal - offenses?
12 Nov '18, 10:14
- Wilful damage to the ship or Property on board.
- Theft, or possession of stolen property
- Possession of offensive weapons
- Persistent or wilful failure to perform duty
- Unlawful possession or distribution on drugs
- Conduct endangering the ship or person on board
- Combination with others to impede the progress of the voyage or the navigation of the ship
- Disobedience of orders relating to the safety of the ship or of any person on board
- Being asleep on duty or failing to remain on duty if this prejudiced the of the ship or any person on board
- Incapacity through drink or drug to carry out duty to the prejudice of safety of the ship or of any person on board
- To smoke, use a naked light or unapproved electric torch in any part of a ship carrying dangerous cargo or stores where smoking or the use of naked light or unapproved troches is prohibited
- Intimidation, Coercion and / or interference with the work of other employees
- Behaviour seriously detracting from the safe and/or efficient working of the ship
- Conduct of a sexual nature, or other conduct based on sex affecting the dignity of women and men at work which is unwanted, unreasonable and offensive to the recipient
- Behaviour seriously detracting from the social well-being of any other person on board
- Causing or allowing unauthorised persons to be on board whilst at sea
- Repeated commission of lesser breaches after warnings have been given.
12 Nov '18, 10:17