What are current China port requirements?
19 Nov '18, 18:00
The following instructions should be strictly followed when calling ports in China:
- Always switch on your AIS system during the vessel stays in port water area, the local MSA will trace your vessel on the system in real time.
- Always stand by VHF on channel advised by agent when the ship waiting for the berth at anchorage for avoiding any communication missing.
- Once the anchoring time is more than 72hours, please make the application to MSA for extending the anchorage time. The maximum anchoring time in quarantine anchorage is limited.
- Shut off all of the sewage valves and outboard valves before vessel arriving at Jinshanwei anchorage, the sewage can not be discharged into the sea before being treated by sewage plant on board.
- If you want to discharge ballast water before cargo loading, inform the agent about the quantity of ballast water and the place where it has been taken 24hours before vessel arrival. It is necessary to make the declaration to MSA in advance. Report to MSA before and after deballasting by VHF otherwise, maybe some penalty will be applied accordingly.
- Standby VHF on advised channel during cargo operation at terminal.
- Dispose your garbage (include food garbage) or bilge out of Chinese marine belt according to the rules and record the operations on your garbage record book, same to the oil record book.
- The ships store must be supplied under the supervision of local customhouse.
- If somebody wants to visit the vessel during cargo operation, the visitor°ѓs name, ID number, car licence number must be reported to terminal's security department through agent in advance.
- The visitor must take on the anti-static clothing, rubber shoes, safety helmet and life jacket before getting into the terminal area, mobile phone and camera can not be used inside the terminal.
- During the south-east monsoon pay more attention to our vessel's ropes. Adjust the vessel's position carefully if sea condition is very bad, the vessels ropes maybe broken when she drifting under strong wind.
- Copy all of the relative cargo documents to our boarding agent before sailing.
- The information provided to agent must be correct for avoiding any unexpected penalty from authorities.
- Once the authority officers attend on board please inform the agent immediately, keep closely contacting is very necessary.
- Order provisions or ship stores from the qualified ship's chandlers who have registered in local customhouse and quarantine office
- THE LOW SULPHUR FUEL REQUIREMENT ARE IN FORCE FROM APR 1ST 2016 AT SHANGHAI AREA, PLS KEEP THE BUNKERING RECORD AND OIL SAMPLE ON BOARD FOR MSA INSPECTION.
- FILL IN THE CHECKING LISTS CAREFULLY, SOME VESSELS HAVE BEEN PUNISHED DUE TO THE NEGLIGENCE.
- From 01st Oct.2018, below rule carried out in Shanghai/Jinshan/Caojing/Yangshan/Lv Hua Shan area. The ship must use low sulfur bunker (<0.5%) during ship stay in above-mentioned port. In port means Anchor, Navigation and At berth.
19 Nov '18, 18:10