The engine is not reversible or starts in one direction only. What are probably causes?
24 Jun '17, 09:59
Most probably causes are below:
1) No pressure of the control oil circuit or it is not enough.
2) No pressure of the control air circuit or it is not enough.
3) If the engine can not be reversed at standstill this can be because of not enough torque due to insufficient air pressure. Failure/sticking of the main starting valve or its pilot valve could affect.
4) The reverse servo wedged in one of the end positions or did not reach the required end position.
5) The direction control interlock limit switch jammed and therefore the control air will not be supplied to the servo.
6) Internal leakages in reversing servo.
7) Defective/seized directional control valves in control air or oil circuit.
24 Jun '17, 10:08