What are probable causes and corrective actions in case engine can not be stopped?
29 Jun '17, 02:26
Engine may not stop because of following reasons:
- The control rod of the fuel pumps is wedged or blocked.
- The connection between the linkage between stopping servo (or pneumatic cylinder) and the control rod of the fuel pumps broken.
- The servo or corresponding control valve jammed.
- No air supply pressure to stopping pneumatic cylinder.
Actions to be taken. If actions does not succeed proceed to next one:
- Put the load control lever to "0" position.
- Press the emergency stop button.
- If The engine does not stop from the ECR change over to local/emergency control and manually push the fuel rack to 0.
- Stop the fuel supply pump and close the valve on the fuel line. - Cover the Turbocharger suction air filter with plastic or similar to stop air admission.
04 Jul '17, 02:40