How to test for tightness fuel injection pumps of ship diesel engines?
02 Apr '19, 07:13
Check in the following order:
- set the fuel control handle on the full supply
- disconnect the discharge pipe from the pump
- flush and removing the air from the pump
- connect a pressure gauge or maximeter with a swivel head
- turn the engine several times with a turning gear and record the maximum pressure on the pressure gauge (maximeter)
Recorded values to be used as the conditional indicator of the pump tightness.
02 Apr '19, 07:18