Why doesn't the engine LO pump generate the required pressure?
23 Jul '19, 12:46
Low LO pressure could be because of:
- Not enough oil in a sump tank. Check the oil level in a sump tank and refill if necessary.
- Leakage in the delivery pipeline. Check the LO pipeline for tightness.
- Strainer/filter clogged on the pump suction. Check and clean the filter.
- Air trapped into the pump suction line. Check the pump tightness.
- LO pump pressure control valve faulty or adjustment is incorrect. Check/adjust the valve.
- Pump gears are worn, gears clearances exceed recommended limits. Remove a cover of the oil pump, check face and radial clearances between gears and a pump casing. Replace faulty parts and reassemble.
- Crankshaft bearings clearances are increased. Check clearances, adjust if necessary.
- LO viscosity decreased due to increased temperature or dilution with fuel. Check for the LO temperature, adjust to the proper range. Check crankcase LO viscosity and replace LO if viscosity to low.
23 Jul '19, 13:06