Enter marine-related query and AI bot will look for best match in our DB.

What type of pump usually used with Oily Water Separator?

07 Sep '19, 18:59

Sept. 7, 2019, 6:59 p.m.
KnowledgeBase's gravatar image


Positive displacement pumps: piston or screw-type pump usually used to supply oily water mixture into the OWS.

As the type of pump used for delivering the oily-water mixture to an oily-water separator governs considerably the degree of contamination in the effluent, the screw-type pump would be best suited not to churn the supply and produce small oil droplets (less than 200μm) dispersed throughout the water.

permanent link

07 Sep '19, 19:03

Sept. 7, 2019, 7:03 p.m.
cheng's gravatar image

add your answer

MarineProHelp 2018 - 2020

First time here? Check out the FAQ!

If you've arrived to new location and wonder how to dress comfortably according to weather, check Comfiesto