Which are the best practices of avoiding the oil spill during the bunkering?
12 Oct '19, 14:36
- Begin from the proper planning of bunkering: destination tanks, loading sequence, and loading capacities.
- Test the bunker tanks high-level alarm prior bunkering.
- Never plan to load more than 85% of the tank's capacity.
- Always start bunkering a single tank with a low rate. Increase the rate only when it is confirmed the correct tank is being filled.
- Carry out frequent sounding of tanks being bunkered tanks and tanks NOT being bunkered to be sure the oil is being pumped into correct tanks.
- Never neglect or by-pass high-level alarms. The bunkering should be stopped immediately when alarm is sounded and to be resumed after the cause is investigated.
12 Oct '19, 15:39