Enter marine-related query and AI bot will look for best match in our DB.

During maintenance of a pneumatically operated diaphragm actuated control valve the diaphragm is found to be split. What is the suitable material to make a temporary replacement as there is no spare diaphragm onboard?

22 Nov '19, 02:03

Nov. 22, 2019, 2:03 a.m.
KnowledgeBase's gravatar image


Use a natural rubber sheet of approximately the same thickness and elasticity as the original.

Note, that substitute diaphragm will not last long... Get the original one asap.

permanent link

22 Nov '19, 02:30

Nov. 22, 2019, 2:30 a.m.
3Eng's gravatar image

add your answer

Related questions

MarineProHelp 2018 - 2020

First time here? Check out the FAQ!

If you've arrived to new location and wonder how to dress comfortably according to weather, check Comfiesto