How to carry out local emergency maneuvring of Mitsubishi UEC Main Engine?
05 Jan '21, 03:15
PREPARATION FOR LOCAL MANEUVERING
- Set the fuel handle at STOP position
- Remove the red colored pin for Governor cut off
- Secure Governor linkage in the rest position by the same pin
- Couple levers of fuel pump common linkage and engine side control linkage by using the bolt having a red-colored knob.
- Set the fuel handle to position 25 on the scale.
- Operate starting handle manually
- When engine speed reaches 10 ~ 20 rpm, bring back the starting handle and the engine should now run on fuel.
- Set fuel control to the desired position as per Maneuvering order from Bridge.
- Set the fuel handle at the STOP position
- Operate the reversing handle in the desired direction
- Confirm camshaft change over by the engine side lamp indicator
- Bring back the reversing handle to NORMAL position
- Bring back fuel handle to STOP position.
05 Jan '21, 03:21