Which are general recommendations for incinerator operation?
28 Sep '21, 18:33
- Only trained operators may operate the incinerator.
- Do not operate the incinerator with any safety alarms / interlocks disabled.
- Do not incinerate plastics.
- Post operating instructions near the incinerator.
- Report immediately when visible funnel sparks are sighted.
- Get permission from Chief engineer to operate incinerator
- Confirm waste is acceptable for incineration
- Ensure oily waste is de-watered and prepared as per makers guidelines
- Inform the OOW on the bridge
- Operate incinerators only in permitted areas.
- Confirm ship's location with OOW
- Operate the incinerator as per maker’s instructions
- Monitor operating parameters and emissions for conformance with regulations and makers instructions
- Notify OOW about completion
- Maintain records in ORB / GRB
28 Sep '21, 18:37