What is the scope of responsibility of the fourth engineer?
13 Apr, 09:59
Fourth Engineer reports to Chief and Second Engineers.
The following are included in his scope of responsibility:
- watch from 8.00 to 12.00 and from 20.00 to 24.00
- filling of Engine Logbook and other logs and reports according to ship-specific requirements and Chief Engineer Night/Standing orders
- proper use, storage, and movement of material and technical supply
- maintenance and repair of auxiliary exhaust boilers with pumps and steam system
- anchoring and mooring devices (windlasses and winches)
- deck cargo handling equipment
- hatch covers (opening/closing gears)
- hydrophore with pumps and systems of fresh and sanitary seawater
- FW systems with storage tanks and disinfection unit
- bilge system with pumps
- sewage treatment plant
- duties as instructed by the second and senior mechanics.
13 Apr, 10:08