Required by non-tankers of 400 GRT or more and tankers of 150 GRT or more Validity 5 years. Can be extended 5 months. Issued by MCA (flag state admin.) or Classification society. Surveys may be carried out by classification society on behalf of MCA. Initial survey must be done by MCA.

Surveys required:

  • Initial
  • Annual
  • Intermediate
  • Periodic/Renewal.

Must be accompanied by “Record of construction and equipment”

Related Terms


International Oil Pollution Prevention Certificate

Related questions

MarineProHelp 2018 - 2020