Enter marine-related query and AI bot will look for best match in our DB.

The uninterrupted removal of concentrated boiler water from a boiler to control total solids concentration in the remaining water.

Related Terms


The conveying of particles of water or solids from the boiler water by the steam.


Formation of steam bubbles on the surface of boiler water due to high surface tension of the water. See carryover.


A calorimeter designed with a strong-walled container constructed of a corrosion-resistant alloy, called the bomb, immersed in about 2.5 liters of water in a metal container; the sample, usually an organic compound, is ignited by electricity, and the heat boiler water generating Water in the steamsection of a boiler unit.


Treated water that is supplied to the boiler to replace the boiler water that has been converted to steam and has been removed from the boiler.


A chelating agent used with boiler water treatment. Often referred as the replacement for the phosphate-hydroxide treatment method.


The drain connection including the pipe and the valve at the lowest practical part of a boiler, or at the normal water level in the case of a surface blowdown. The amount of water blown down.


A solid body of boiler water passed into the steam flow by priming or picked up from a pocket of condensate in the steam line.


Sudden reduction in boiler water level as the steam production rate is decreased.


A valve generally used to continuously regulate concentration of solids in the boiler, not the drain valve.


Undissolved solids in boiler water.

Related questions

MarineProHelp 2018 - 2020

First time here? Check out the FAQ!

If you've arrived to new location and wonder how to dress comfortably according to weather, check Comfiesto